Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Touching Story of Forgiveness...

This is a really touching story of the power of forgiveness and how important it is to life. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated nearly 17 years ago but recently, his daughter Priyanaka reached out to a woman who was part of the conspiracy and is currently serving a life sentence in prison. She met with the woman, named Nalini, and spent some time with her. This is a touching real-life story that shows that hatred and anger are not the solution! We must learn to forgive and love everyone, the way Mahatma Gandhi did in his life. I hope you read the story and share it with others because it is truly powerful. Here are a few quotes from it....
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1732217,00.html
Priyanka: "I don't believe in anger, hatred, and violence. And I refuse to allow it to overpower my life." Nalini: "all my sins have been washed off by Priyanka's visit... I feel she has pardoned me by calling on me at the prison... I am indebted to her all my life." "If the people of this earth could learn how to cry, to bring back tears in the eyes... that would help because tears in the eyes is a real human virtue." "Forgive you will be forgiven." -- Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Google Search

Google